Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Serial Numbers on purchased product (multiple serial numbers)

Ana Hristova
on 12/16/13, 9:19 AM 1,514 views

We are trying to assign serial numbers to products that have been purchased by our company from a different vendor, but we either dont fully understand the process or there is an error in the way that is created.

1. We wish to buy a specific product from a vendor that exists in the system.

2. We create a purchase order from that vendor and we assign the product. We would like to buy 20 pcs of the product.

3. After we process the purchase order, we go to Incoming products and we wish to assign serial numbers for the items that has been received. We only have the option to receive partialy where we need to insert serial numbers one by one. The serial number that can be inserted here is not the serial number of the product, it is from the lot that has been received (it considers the package as a lot, doesn't assign the received product a serial number).

We have a problem here, becouse if we insert serial number to the product, it doesn't appear anywhere. It only shows as a lot, not as assigned to the product.

We have also added the module for serial numbers from the store. Technical name : product_serial

Can either anyone help us with this issue or are we doing something wrong somewhere?

Thank you

David Birchmier
On 2/24/15, 5:23 PM

Hi there,

I have EXACTLY the same use-case. 

I posted a similiar question here: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/associate-multiple-serial-numbers-with-a-single-inventory-item-77531

I'll let you know if I find a solution!

Please see my answer to https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/associate-multiple-serial-numbers-with-a-single-inventory-item-77531 - it appears what is missing is assigning the serial numbers at the point of receipt, by splitting the single line of 20 items into 20 lines of 1 item.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 2/24/15, 7:12 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 12/16/13, 9:19 AM
Seen: 1514 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM