This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Finally I manged a full Sale, Purchase, Manufacture, Deliver, Invoice process. Many thanks to openERP for that. However I'm wondering how to mange the serial numbers for a product. Delivery Orders and Invoices we receive from Supplier have the individual serial numbers mostly listed as part of the line Item.

Item                 Number                Price                 Sum
Notebook Model 0815       3                900,- EUR       1800,- EUR
S/N NB0345343
S/N NB0241278
S/N NB0445223

Anybody knows how to accomplish this. currently the line are split into many individual line items which will blow up the numbers of line items and will brake the context of the number of ordered products in the Sales Order. It seems the serial number function is not build for individual serial numbers rather then lots, as mentioned already in the Q&A site here (sorry I cant add links for missing Karma ;-/) We see this serial number functionality as vital for businesses selling and manufacturing products which needs to be tracked for warranty, services, licenses & Support. Honestly I cant believe this functionality does not exists given the compressive package OE delivers and the background it is coming from.

BTW: I'm running the 8.0 Trunk here and it seems OK for the whole workflow.

Discard
Best Answer

I don't like posting links but:

enable product number openerpv7

Should do it, we use it here and works fine for products that may be returned or unique products covered under a customers maintenance contract.

Hope this helps.

Discard
Author Best Answer

The answer has nothing to do with the orignal question. We are quite aware of the lto number fucnction (whis is renamed to serial number in 7.0) Serial numbers are usually unique and lot numbers represent a number of product instances. However , we tried to use this function and have seen a problem where these Split function creates individual line items for every product instance rather the adding the serial number(s) to the origin line item.

Discard

I have the same problem, how could you solve this problem? Please communicate with me on mahmoud.soliman4@alex-comm.edu.eg or skype: mahmoudm.soliman

Author

It seems there is some progress in the apps section: https://www.openerp.com/apps/7.0/product_serial/