Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Separate Quotation FORM view from Sale orders FORM View, Openerp7

By
Yassine TEIMI
on 11/26/14, 10:51 AM 402 views

FUNCTIONNAL SIDE :

i want that the Quotations have their own form view, and do not share it with sales orders, as the case is for the tree view.

TECHNICAL SIDE :

The Quotations FORM view and the Sales orders FORM view are the same, I want to create a new view for quotations, add it to sale_view.xml, and refer it to the "action_quotations" (The id of the quotation action) , but when viewing the code, I did'nt find how to assign the new form view to "action_quotations", I can just assign it as the first view to open, on : 

<field name="view_id" ref="id_of_the_new_quotation_view"/>

First Question : How to do that with a custom Module ? knowing that I just want tto add a view on sale_view.xml, and not adding or deleting some fields on a view, is it possible to add a whole view on a xml file, by inheritance ?

Second question : How to assign the new quotation form view to the "action_quotations", and at the same time not to be the first view to open while clicking on the quotation menu ?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/26/14, 10:51 AM
Seen: 402 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM