Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Sending kitchen orders

By
Marco Antonio Gomez
on 4/20/15, 1:12 PM 1,397 views

Hi, I have been analyzing the PoS interface and menus for Odoo and found it to be rather intuitive and simple and had issue only at the moment of printing a kitcher order, when I select products the only option I see is "payment" and the receipt if you order no invoice states what products were sold, but I see no way of printing this before payment so that the person in the kitchen will know what to prepare for my customers.

You should be more specific. What do you have installed, is it configured properly? Did you for example install the regular pos only or did you install pos_restaurant?

Ermin Trevisan
on 4/22/15, 4:35 AM

I installed both the base PoS as well as pos_restaurant

Marco Antonio Gomez
on 4/22/15, 12:36 PM

Also I looked in settings but I found no submenu to configure, unlike sales or accounting, or other such modules. I was wo9ndering if I failed to activate some settings but I have no idea where that could be.

Marco Antonio Gomez
on 4/22/15, 12:39 PM

Did you add a printer at the end of point of sale configuration (point of sale --> configuration --> point of sale --> main (or your POS name)? Without a printer the "order" button will not appear.

FEDERICO LEONI
on 4/22/15, 8:06 PM

I am aware of that, however once I add a printer to the PoS and the button appears, when you select items the "order" button turns green right? I clicked that button and it turned gray, but nothing happened, I figured that by not giving the printer an IP adress it would print the order in my broswer as a proof of concept, it did not. After doing this, I gave it the IP adress of pone of my printers and clicking the order did not print either.

Marco Antonio Gomez
on 4/23/15, 12:24 PM

Marco Antonio, on multiprint.js there is a call to hw_proxy module: self.connection.rpc('/hw_proxy/print_xml_receipt' if you have installed it check on logs if you have any errors like this one: 2015-03-27 21:13:59,580 26002 WARNING ? openerp.addons.hw_escpos.controllers.main: ESC/POS Device Disconnected: Printer Not Found If yes then your printer is not correctly configured. Did you add the id vendor e model code on supported_devices.py under /hw_escpos/escpos/? something like { 'vendor' : 0x04b8, 'product' : 0x0202, 'name' : 'Epson TM-T70' } The pos module needs some adjustment to have it working properly. I did myself some mods to have it partially working with my cheap Epson compatible printer and still I have many issues. Have a look here: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/6026 and here: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/print-order-instead-of-coupon-on-pos-what-qweb-view-82635 Good luck!

FEDERICO LEONI
on 4/27/15, 10:57 AM
FEDERICO LEONI
On 4/27/15, 10:59 AM

Marco Antonio,

on multiprint.js there is a call to hw_proxy module:

self.connection.rpc('/hw_proxy/print_xml_receipt'

If you have installed it check on logs if you have any errors like this one:

2015-03-27 21:13:59,580 26002 WARNING ? openerp.addons.hw_escpos.controllers.main: ESC/POS Device Disconnected: Printer Not Found

If yes then your printer is not correctly configured. Did you add the id vendor e model code on supported_devices.py under /hw_escpos/escpos/? something like

{ 'vendor' : 0x04b8, 'product' : 0x0202, 'name' : 'Epson TM-T70' }

The pos module needs some adjustment to have it working properly. I did myself some mods to have it partially working with my cheap Epson compatible printer and still I have many issues. Have a look here:

https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/6026

and here:

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/print-order-instead-of-coupon-on-pos-what-qweb-view-82635

Good luck and let us know!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/20/15, 1:12 PM
Seen: 1397 times
Last updated: 4/27/15, 10:59 AM