Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Sending emails with sales orders or invoices

Wilfried Thuwis
on 8/3/14, 10:47 AM 1,188 views

I'm trying to send out emails, using the predefined templates in OpenERP v7, but I can't get it to work. The outgoing mailserver is defined correctly, as I'm able to send out password resets via mail. However, when I click the "send via email" button to send out a sales order or invoice, nothing happens.

I tried to add the email address of a customer in the email template (e.g. "${object.partner_id.email}" in the "To (emails)" field of the template) and even the preview of the template looks perfect. But unfortunately, no email going out...

Any help is highly appreciated.

Wilfried Thuwis
On 8/3/14, 1:26 PM

I found the solution in another post... Here it is:

The reason the mail was not sent was revealed in the openerp server logs. Turns out OpenERP uses the user's ALIAS as the FROM SMTP header and that was not a valid user/email on that system. So I changed the aliases of the users to correspond to their email address and it now works.

Emails still don't show up in Settings > Email > Emails, so to find the error, you must look at the logs.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 8/3/14, 10:47 AM
Seen: 1188 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM