Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Sending Customer Name To Manufacturing Order

By
Alex Gallien
on 7/8/14, 6:22 PM 733 views

Is it possible to send the customer name to a custom field in a Manufacturing Order when a Sales Order is confirmed for a Make to Order / Manufacture product? I know it is sending some data from the SO, becuase the Source Document field is automatically filled, but I can't find the code that does that to base my custom module off of.

Ultimately I am trying to add a Customer field to the Work Orders view, so that I can search by customer and see the status of their various orders instead of having to enter them individually by Manufacturing Order number. Any insight? Similarly, I would like to send the Customer Reference field from the Sales Order to the Purchase Order that is automatically generated, so that I can search by Customer Reference in the Purchase Order view.

Thanks!

Gill Potter
On 5/8/15, 8:53 AM

I am also trying to achieve this. Did you ever get anywhere with a module?

The module that passes the Source Document to Manufacturing is sale_mrp. Unfortunately that module is not written in such a way that it can be inherited into your own module.

Update :- 

I found a wonderful app which does this:-

https://apps.openerp.com/apps/modules/8.0/mrp_production_sale_info/  

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/8/14, 6:22 PM
Seen: 733 times
Last updated: 6/1/15, 9:14 AM