This question has been flagged
1 Reply

In Odoo v8 I'm using Aeroo Reports in place of the default qweb ones. I replaced invoice and quotation/sales order by the "Replace Report" option in the Aeroo Report advanced configuration section for that report.

By clicking on "Send by email" after invoice validation, the email gets attached the original qweb report: what should I do to have the Aeroo report attached instead?

Discard
Best Answer

@Raffaele,

I recommend you take a look at the email templates section in the Odoo backend:

Settings >> Email > Email Templates >> [Search for Sale]

Once you've opened the correct template (Sales Order - Send by Email) go into the Advanced Settings tab and and click the dropdown for Optional report to print and attach. You can choose the report to attach here.

Discard
Author

Hallo Luke, thank you - I applied the configuration but the email is still getting the Qweb PDF. Are there any specific settings required to the report or the report definition to be attached? Currently I am not running a DOCS server so the report is output in ODT format - just for testing sake.

@Raffaele, I've just tried it and it seems to be an Odoo UI problem rather than an Aeroo Reports problem.

Go to Quotations >> [Your Quotation Here] >> Send by Email

Once the email modal pops up look for the dropdown list called 'Use Template'. Click it and reselect the template you want to use (even though it's already selected), and then wait for a second or two. The file format should change from *.pdf to *.xls (or *odt in your case).

I will look into a way to fix the issue myself over the next few weeks as soon as I can find time, however you may want to open a github issue and provide the steps to reproduce the issue using the following github issue as an example to follow:

https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/3339

If I find a resolution to this problem i'll post back here with the result, and i'd ask that you do the same.

If you want a way to create a *.gif format screencap for github I suggest using this:

http://www.cockos.com/licecap/