Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Sending a file (or dynamic HTML) to the browser

Ryan Casey
on 1/6/14, 8:08 PM 774 views

I'm extending the shipping_api module for a client and trying to send the raw shipping label images returned from the shipping API to the browser. I'm getting them in ZPL II format and would like to send them to the client as .zpl files when the client clicks "Process Shipment." Barring that, I could just embed the data into an HTML template and have a Java applet handle the rest, if sending HTML is at all possible.

I've been trying to do this for a couple days now, and I can't find any documentation anywhere. I'm starting to feel like this is simply not possible without extending the framework itself. The only things I've managed to get back from the server so far are PDFs and errors.

Is there any way in OpenERP v7 to send a raw file to the client, or to send HTML for rendering in a modal or popup window?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 1/6/14, 8:08 PM
Seen: 774 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM