This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello there,

I've been trying to send quotes via email but found a behavior I don't understand. Maybe some of you came already across this since I believe what I'm trying to do is pretty standard. Here is what I do:

• I set up a company
  • I set up a contact in that company
  • I create a quote using the _contact_ not the company
  • I want to send the quote via email

Since I didn't fill any email addresses, openerp brings up a popup and asks for additional details but on the company! not on the contact the quote was created on. As such, if I enter the email address it will be assigned to the company and will be global for all the contacts within the company.

Did someone already see this and resolve it? Thx Paulo

Discard
Best Answer

I had the same problem and solved it simply by changing the "For" field in the sale order email template.

Go to Administration -> Technical -> Email -> Templates. Look for "Sale order Send" template and change "For (partners)" field from ${object.partner_invoice_id.id} to ${object.partner_id.id}

Discard
Best Answer

By default OpenERP will send the e-mail to the company not to the contact, and currently I don't know if we could change this setting or not.
But you can choose the recepient e-mail address directly. If you don't enter company e-mail address when you send the email OpenERP will asked you to complete the company email address, you can close this pop up windows, and then on the recipients field you klik the "Search More" option which will display all the customer (contact and company) and choose the contact you wish to send the quote for.
If you ever fill the company e-mail, then OpenERP will put this email directly on the recipients field, and again you can change with the same procedure.

Discard
Author

thx, well i guess my choices are reduced :)