Odoo Help

send out notifications/reminder (per email?) for equipment maintenance tasks

By
Marco
on 3/13/18, 5:44 AM 379 views

Hi,

we are using the maintenance module for equipment in 

Odoo 11.0-20171203 (Community editie)I have created several devices that I have setup a yearly maintenance request for. So these show up in the maintenance kanban and calendar.  Is it possible to send out a notification per email when a device is due for maintenance. Like a reminder on the day it should be serviced?I can not find how or if it is even possible to send out an email notification to the person assigned to a maintenance task that is planned?
Marco
On 3/27/18, 3:44 AM

Hi,

I've figured it out, sending mails works now. I just have a problem using the placeholders in the email. I tried to use

email settings: email to: assigned responsible user. Could only get a fixed email address working

usage in the email body: scheduled day , could not get this working either. 

Hi Marco,

If you are in the email template you have a tab Dynamic Placeholder Generator. You can fetch the field from the maintenance model here.

For example if you want to sent the email to the technician you can search the field technician and sub-field Email. You get as placeholder ${object.technician_user_id.email} you can use this placeholder in the email configuration.

I hope this helps you.

Lara
on 3/27/18, 2:06 PM
Lara
On 3/13/18, 11:39 AM

Hi Marco, 

You could do this with automated actions. Fist go in to debug mode (http://odoo-development.readthedocs.io/en/latest/odoo/usage/debug-mode.html). Go to Settings -> Technical -> Automation -> Automated actions. You can create an automated action base on time and add create an email template. 

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/13/18, 5:44 AM
Seen: 379 times
Last updated: 7/19/18, 8:04 AM