Odoo Help

Send notification when Issue Responsible person changes

By
Daniel Reis
on 3/28/14, 3:50 PM 1,845 views

I would like to send a notification message when the responsible user is changed in a Project Issue.

I can see that the project.issue model has a _track attribute that defines what fields trigger notification messages.

But how can I add the user_id field to the tracked fields? Does that need a custom module to be built? What should that module do?

fussions
On 7/21/14, 5:21 AM

How about message_send method on write?

Med Said BARA

--Med Said BARA--
| 5 5 7
Algeria
--Med Said BARA--
Med Said BARA
On 3/29/14, 4:33 AM

Hi;

I don't think that "_track" can be used for this goal; cause it's related to the object "project_issue" (status changes: new, closed, started, ...).

But when looking in the code (project_issue.py file) you can see that there is a "track_visibility" attribute for the field user_id, which i think, can be used to achieve this goal.

To Test and confirm !: Maybe this can be simply achieved, by subscribing users to "All Messages" in the User Preferences.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/28/14, 3:50 PM
Seen: 1845 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM