Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Send notification when Issue Responsible person changes

By
Daniel Reis
on 3/28/14, 3:50 PM 1,563 views

I would like to send a notification message when the responsible user is changed in a Project Issue.

I can see that the project.issue model has a _track attribute that defines what fields trigger notification messages.

But how can I add the user_id field to the tracked fields? Does that need a custom module to be built? What should that module do?

fussions
On 7/21/14, 5:21 AM

How about message_send method on write?

Med Said BARA

--Med Said BARA--
| 5 5 7
Algeria
--Med Said BARA--
Med Said BARA
On 3/29/14, 4:33 AM

Hi;

I don't think that "_track" can be used for this goal; cause it's related to the object "project_issue" (status changes: new, closed, started, ...).

But when looking in the code (project_issue.py file) you can see that there is a "track_visibility" attribute for the field user_id, which i think, can be used to achieve this goal.

To Test and confirm !: Maybe this can be simply achieved, by subscribing users to "All Messages" in the User Preferences.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/28/14, 3:50 PM
Seen: 1563 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM