Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Send email by outlook if it is installed

By
Selverine
on 7/18/15, 10:13 AM 779 views

Hi,

First, thank you for your time.

I have a weird question but...I would like to know if it is possible to use Outlook to send email or Odoo if outlook is not installed.

I saw some code for Outlook and Python but how is possible to know if the client has outlook?

Btw, is it possible to import some windows library on linux?

Thank you,

Selverine 

FEDERICO LEONI
On 7/18/15, 10:38 AM

Please do a search before asking:

odoo outlook 

There was an official plugin until version 6/7 but now is not offered anymore by Odoo. You can try to install a free third party plug in from here or a paid one from here (german). 

Hi, I already have this plugin. However it is just allow me from outlook to create a new contact when I received an email inside my outlook. Me,what I would like it is when I press the button "send order" that it open the outlook installed on my client side instead of the classical page to send email through Odoo/OpenERP. You think it is possible? Thank you, PS: I use OpenERP7

Selverine
on 7/18/15, 11:37 AM

Have you seen this thread?

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/odoo-and-outlook-integration-e-mail-calendar-best-way-64949
Perhaps you can find some inspirational tips. :)
FEDERICO LEONI
on 7/18/15, 11:52 AM

I will try to do something like this and I will let you know. Thank you!

Selverine
on 7/18/15, 4:19 PM

Hi Federico, The mailto is quite a good idea but it works with OpenERP/Odoo only if you click on the email adress of someone. You think it is possible to configure the module mail in order to use the mailto tools instead of the OpenERP mail manager? Thank you a lot, Selverine

Selverine
on 7/22/15, 3:38 AM

Since we are speaking about coding... Everything is possible! I don't have any experience with OpenERP mailing system, never used it, the new time I'll create a dev DB I have a look on it but don't ask me when... :P

FEDERICO LEONI
on 7/22/15, 8:24 AM
Selverine
On 7/22/15, 3:50 AM

Hi Federico,

The mailto is quite a good idea but it works with OpenERP/Odoo only if you click on the email adress of someone.

You think it is possible to configure the module mail in order use the mailto tools instead of the OpenERP mail manager?

Thank you a lot,

Selverine

------EDIT-----

I am still looking for a solution.

I will try to do it with some mailto function because I have the impression after my research that it will be impossible to have some code to Open Outlook (my server is on Linux).

I will keep you in touch!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/18/15, 10:13 AM
Seen: 779 times
Last updated: 8/4/15, 9:48 AM