This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I have a Odoo v8 setup updated to the latest version and sending a quotation or invoice using 'Send by Mail' template is never delivered.

SMTP is setup correctly, the payment reminder does get delivered and sending an simple email directly by Technical --> Email --> Emails does get delivered. 

I can't find anything strange in either the odoo, postgresql or mail logs.

Does anybody have any idea what could be wrong? Help would be really appreciated

Discard
Author

Unfortunatly I only can comment on my own question.. @Jeudy Nicolas: Thanks but as I stated in my question, SMTP is setup correctly! @Sameer Alhwety: I found in /addons/base/ir/ir_mail_server.py:465 instead of 469, editing did not help unfortunatly... :(

Author

Somekind of breakthrough.. Had the bright idea to create a new database and test in there. That email DOES get delivered, so probably in the database something is setup wrongly... Anbody an idea?

Author

Even more important, creating a new user on the problematic database also can send the mails...

So a 'new' problem.. (see comments under my own question for the history).. Apparently one of my users is not able to send quotations or invoices...

I have the original problem exactly, but new databases and new users don't help.

Best Answer

I have same problem . I solved it by change smtp_from to smtp_user in

/addons/base/ir/ir_mail_server.py:469

smtp.sendmail(smtp_user, smtp_to_list, message.as_string())

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

You have to setup your smtp server in odoo config. By default it use localhost:25, but you certainly have no smtp server on your host.

So activate technical feature on admin account in Odoo, then go to:

Settings -> technical -> email -> outgoing email server and setup with your parameter (internet provider, gmail account etc ..)
Test it directly from the form test button.

Discard