This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I am having issues with sending invoices by email in Openerp 7, i have set up outgoing mail servers for each user and defined the aliases accordingly

admin@mydomain.com, user1@mydomain.com, user2@mydomain.com, etc

The admin account is able to successfully send invoices by email, along with messages, quotes, sales orders and so on

My user accounts are able to send everything but invoices by email, messages, quotes and sales orders all send succesfully, no errors are generated when trying to send an invoice, and there is no bounceback.

Is there a setting or permission i am missing?

Discard

As per your question everyone is able to send invoices by email, messages..etc. Do you want them to stop sending invoices by email, messages..? Or You are facing issue with few users?

Author

Sorry perhaps there is a misunderstanding, the ONLY user capable of sending invoices by email is administrator, all other users are unable to send invoices by email, i would like them to be able to to send invoices by email

Author

There is no issue with spam here, email server is configured correctly, Quotations and Sales Order confirmations can be sent by email, invoices are the only thing that cannot be sent.

Could you check Settings/Technical/Email/Emails for stuck emails. Although it's directly get sent and deleted from there. It's difficult say what could be problem without seeing log message.

You say that your "my user account are able to send ...." !!! try to edit your qyestion and give a better description of the problem you are facing. Post the error message or the content of your log

Author

The messages sent when trying to send invoice by email appear in Settings/Technical/Email/Emails, but never reach the mail server. Med Said BARA, if you read my question entirely, you will notice that i have eplained exactly what is happening, users are able to send emails from everything else but can not send invoices by emails, no errors are in the logs. and no error messages are given.

Best Answer

You may try to check if the eMail is sent from the server by checking the eMail Server's Logfile. Sometimes, my mails landed in the Spam Folder, too, because the reply-address was not the same as the address from which the mail was being sent.

Discard
Best Answer

In OpenERP all modules which use the "Send by Email" feature relies on the same mechanism (they all inherit from mail_thread).

For example for the sale, purchase and account modules: the sale_order, purchase_order, and account_invoice classes, all inherits from mail_thread class (model), and when we look at the code for respectively the action_quotation_sendwkf_send_rfq, and action_invoice_sent methods in the above classes we can see that all uses the same code  (with a slight difference especialy for action_invoice_sent ).

Also,they all have the same class mail_compose_message with the same method send_mail (and with also a slight difference in the  code for send_mail   in account_invoice) .

So i can't see why for you, the "Send by Email" work in sale and purchase and not in the account module.

Try to update your OpenERP instance, and see if the issue is solved.

Discard
Best Answer

If messages are appearing in Settings/Technical/Email/Emails and never reaches to mail server,  Check the status of Email Queue Manager scheduler, make it active if it's inactive. Also check frequency of scheduler.

Discard