Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Send and return values in action window button

By
Leopo
on 3/11/13, 1:19 PM 12,414 views

Hi,

I try to create a New button in the manytoone field prodLot_id in the stock.move object,

I do a new button in the form, that open the windows to create a New lote sequence:

<button name="%(production_lots_form)d"
                              groups="base.group_extended"
                              string="NewLot" type="action" icon="terp-stock_effects-object-colorize" colspan="1" />

<!-- The action that will be triggered by the button. -->
        <record id="production_lots_form" model="ir.actions.act_window">
            <field name="name">Production Lots Form</field>
            <field name="type">ir.actions.act_window</field>
            <field name="res_model">stock.production.lot</field>
            <field name="view_type">form</field>
            <field name="view_mode">form</field>
            <field name="target">new</field>
  <!--           <field name="domain">here_provide_your_domain_conditon_as list_of_tuples</field>   -->
            <field name="context">{'default_product_id':product_id}</field>
        </record>

The button works ok and open the form, but I can't send the product in use in stock.move form to stock.production.lot form and return the value chosen in field name to prodLot_id field in stock.move.

Using context doesn't work, the field product in blank, maybe I am missing something, also I try in the configuration menu administrator/action windows add the context, same result.

Thanks.

Anton Chepurov
On 5/16/14, 10:23 AM

There seem to be 2 problems involved here: (1) the one you've put into the title of your question, and (2) what you actually want to achieve.

Regarding (2), If you want to change the prodlot, just use the prodlot_id field directly (make it editable, if it's not). It will allow you to, both, change the current Lot and  create a new one if you wish. Also, you can add another many2one field of type stock.production.lot if you need a separate, additional Lot in your stock.moves.

Regarding (1) (i.e. sending data on button click), a possible solution is shown in the stock module (stock.py#action_partial_move()). You change button's type to "object":

<button name="action_production_lots_form" groups="base.group_extended" string="NewLot" type="object" icon="terp-stock_effects-object-colorize" colspan="1"/>

And convert act_window's declaration in XML into a Python method action_production_lots_form:

def action_production_lots_form(self, cr, uid, ids, context=None):
        if context is None: context = {}
        if context.get('active_model') != self._name:
            context.update(active_ids=ids, active_model=self._name)
        partial_id = self.pool.get("stock.partial.move").create(
            cr, uid, {}, context=context)
        return {
            'name':_("Products to Process"),
            'view_mode': 'form',
            'view_id': False,
            'view_type': 'form',
            'res_model': 'stock.partial.move',
            'res_id': partial_id,
            'type': 'ir.actions.act_window',
            'nodestroy': True,
            'target': 'new',
            'domain': '[]',
            'context': context
        }

This method is a copy of stock.py#action_partial_move(), but the general idea should be clear.

In this method, you can pass data from active stock.move to the new object (here - stock.partial.move). From that new object you can send data back to initial stock.move object.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/11/13, 1:19 PM
Seen: 12414 times
Last updated: 7/26/16, 6:26 PM