This question has been flagged
1 Reply

How does one go about configuring a product such that even though it may be registered as 1 unit in quantity (that unit is a bar which measures 1 foot), that product can either be sold as 1 unit (measuring 1 foot) or also 1 unit measuring 1 inch?

Discard
Best Answer

You must configure Products | Units of Measure as 'Some products may be sold/purchased in different unit of measures (advanced)'.

1. Activate the Developer Mode

2. Navigate to inventory Configuration - find the section for Products | Unit of Measures.

3. Select "Some products may be sold/purchased in different unit of measures [SIC] (advanced)."

4. Apply the change.

5. Navigate to a product. Note the Product | General Information tab has options for "Unit of Measure" and "Purchase Unit of Measure."

Note: "Unit of Measure" could be read as "Stock Unit of Measure" for consistency and clarity.

Also note: Unmodified Odoo v9.0e does not support different purchase units of measure for different vendors.

Discard
Author

Our Odoo is set up in Settings>Warehouse>Locations&Warehouse>Manage different units of measure for products. Are you saying this is an extra step I have to do in Developer Mode? Ive seen tutorials on how to handle selling in feet vs inches or cms, by setting a reference measure and giving the ratios of inches-to-feet or cms-to-inches. But what I want is to manage a product that is sold as a whole rod, currently configured with UOM Unit(s) and also be able to sell it as inch(es), where typically each rod measures 240 inches.

Author

I activated Developer Mode and in Settings > Inventory I dont have that option exactly. I have the above mentioned option which is already checked and in the Product forms I can see the Unit Of Measure in the General tab and the Purchase Unit of Measure in the Procurement tab. But what I would want is to create a Sales Unit of Measure, no? We normally record these items as whole units which are 240" long, but we dont record the inches, just the whole Unit(s).