Odoo Help

Sell by in pieces but create task in hours

By
CGS
on 12/28/14, 10:46 AM 1,318 views

I'm trying to create project tasks from sales orders. This works fine as long as the sales order is in hours, but I want to sell a service (let's say a server installation) at a fixed price - and then have a task created with the estimated time.

I can set the unit conversion from piece to hours, but the task is always created with an estimated time of 1 hour (or if I sell 2 units, it's created with 2 hours and so on).

Did I miss something or is this an error?

Do you want to change the duration of "estimated Time" ?

Med Said BARA
on 12/28/14, 2:05 PM

I want to sell 1 "server installation" on the sales order and then have a task created on a project with an estimated time of 5 hours. I have set the conversion ratio from units to hours for the product to 5, but it doesn't affect the created tasks estimated time.

CGS
on 12/28/14, 2:17 PM

I can't post this as a comment to the answer, but I considered using different UoMs as a work around. However, then I would have to maintain a list of UoM along with the products, and I think it's sort of short circuiting the normal conversion procedure, and I'm afraid that would hit me later...

CGS
on 1/3/15, 5:24 AM

Med Said BARA

--Med Said BARA--
| 5 5 7
Algeria
--Med Said BARA--
Med Said BARA
On 12/28/14, 6:29 PM

In that case why  not creating a new UoM in the category Working Time equal to 5 times the Unit Hour and set it as the  Company Project and Task Working Time Unit (in the Company Configuration Form).

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/28/14, 10:46 AM
Seen: 1318 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM