Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Selecting items for one2many relation

By
José
on 1/6/15, 5:11 PM 1,971 views

Hello, I am developing a module in Odoo8.

I have a relation between two models. Model A has a one2many relation pointing to model B, and model B has Many2one relation pointing to model A.

In a view of model A I want to select one or more items of model B. But if I put a field like <field name="name_of_one2many_relation" /> I can create one or more records of model B and relate them with record of model A. I want to select previously created records of model B, not create new ones. How can I do this?

Thanks!

Sudhir Arya (SA)

--Sudhir Arya (SA)--
| 6 8 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Sudhir Arya (SA)--

Working as an OpenERP/Odoo developer and a Team Leader 

Top 5 Odoo contributor On Stackoverflow

LinkedIn

Blog

Stackoverflow

Sudhir Arya (SA)
On 1/6/15, 5:42 PM

Hello José,

I would suggest to use many2many field which will allow you to select existing records unlike one2many where you have to create the recrods.

Ivan

--Ivan--
| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ivan--
Ivan
On 1/7/15, 4:20 AM

You can also still use one2many field with many2many_list widget. Just set widget='many2many_list' in the name_of_one2many_relation fields tag in the view and you get the many2many list behaviour (selecting from existing record, etc.) from a one2many field. It also applicable vv (many2many using one2many_list widget).

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/6/15, 5:11 PM
Seen: 1971 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM