Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

See multiple companies for non admin

Tomas Parnarauskas
on 9/12/13, 5:15 AM 1,714 views

Are access rights (record rules) bugged or I'm missing something? The only user that can see multiple companies, is admin user. Other users, does not matter what access rights they have, they can only see one company that is chosen for them, even if I put all companies in allowed companies section, that user still sees only company that is chosen for him (which is called representing company). Is the only way to modify record rules or I'm missing something?

Even am facing this problem, Every time one cannot keep going and changing the Company in the Preference.. Any alternate way will be good.

on 5/25/16, 9:10 AM
On 4/4/14, 1:15 PM

A user can switch between his allowed companies with the Preferences menu, but he will always see only the selected company with the current record rules.

If you want your user to see the records of all his allowed companies at the same time, you have to edit the ir.rule for this object and put something like that:

<record id="product.product_comp_rule" model="ir.rule">
        <field name="domain_force">['|',('company_id','in',[c.id for c in user.company_ids]),('company_id','=',False)]</field>

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 9/12/13, 5:15 AM
Seen: 1714 times
Last updated: 5/25/16, 9:06 AM