This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have tried to convert a lead to an opportunity by clicking on the respective button in the lead window. From that I get an error message that tells me there is a security restriction on the document type : partner, operation: create. I have got admin rights on the system but am not able to find where I can assign the create roll for this function.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi;

1_ Ask your Administrator (first) if you belong to the group res_partner group_partner_manager

Or If you have the necessary Access Rights check by yourself, go under :

2_ Settings ---> Users ---> Users ---> "Open YOUR-USER" , open "ACCESS Rights" Tab, verify that "Contact Creation" is checked, if not ask your Administrator to check it.

User Contact Creation

3_ under: Settings ---> Technical ---> Security ----> Access Control List and search for the Object Partner & croup Contact Creation open this group, you will find a list of users, verify if YOUR USERNAME is in this list, and check also if the 4 boxes C R U D are checked (at list C R U must be checked)

ACL

Open ACL Group

User in group

Discard
Author

Thanks for such a detailed response - much appreciated But I have done all these things as shown but when i tried to convert a lead to an opportunity. Conversion action: to opportunity Related Customer: create a new customer ... which results in; Open ERP Warning Access denied The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. (Document type: Partner Operation: Create

Can you get more infos from your openerp-server.log ?

Is multi_company module installed, if so verify your access rights (under: Settings ---> Users ---> Users ---> "Open YOUR-USER" , open "ACCESS Rights" Tab) Usability for multi_Company

Author

I have Mutli company selected and checked as you described.

Author

I have a feeling that there might be a conflict in the security module whereby a precedent setting sequence causes this problem.

Author

Let me try to outline the scenario. I have Sales, Project, Accounting and Finance, Human Resources and sharing as installed applications. On Sales, Project and Human Resources I have selected the Manager function and on Accounting and Finance, the Financial Manager with Sharing at a User level. All the check boxes are selected. For each of the Manager functions I have let them inherit the lower functions as well to try get past the problem.

Author

Where can I send the openerp-server.log file?

For sending your log file, edit your Question and attach the openerp-server.log file.