Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Scrambled main menu upon v7 update, how to solve?

By
Luis Leiva
on 7/5/13, 7:57 PM 783 views

Hi, I updated to the latest v7 (Versión 7.0-20130704-231028) and when updated the modules the main upper menu is completly scrambled with a lot of menus that shouldn't be there. I tried to open the updated database with the previous version I was using but still get the same scrambled menu.

Any idea on what caused this and what to do?

Thanks.

Gregor Huyskens
On 7/6/13, 6:07 AM

I have seen this problem as well on one occasion, Luis. First goto "Settings / Technical / User Interface / Menu items and select all menues without a "Parent Menu" set. (Use Advanced Filter with "Parent Menu" "not set")

Such will appear in the main menue, but they may not belong there. No idea how it happens, but in my case I looked up where the entries SHOULD go (which Parent it should be) and corrected manually. You may as well reinstall the respecive module if this can work for you.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/5/13, 7:57 PM
Seen: 783 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM