This question has been flagged

Hello all,

I am facing problem with the OpenERP schedulers. The scenario is- I have some function which should be called once every day. I am calling this function through schedulers.

Now the problem I am facing is : the function executed properly for 3 days but on the 4th day it did not. Although the scheduler has advanced its nextcall to the next day. That means the scheduler called for 4th day too but it did not reach to the intended function. I have print statements at the start of my function. So on the terminal I can see if the function started execution or not. But to surprise it did NOT start execution for the 4th day. I have also checked the whole terminal to see if there was some error. There wasn't any.

Few days back I had same kind of problems. At that time I tried upgrading the base module. It did not work. So, I deleted the scheduler and created again and it worked. But this way we can't rely on so called schedulers.

I am helpless here. The scheduler shows it called but the actual function did not call.

Please help with your ideas. Thanks and Regards.

Discard

Hello Vaibhav, Its not possible that scheduler call only three time and stopped at 4th execution. it will run based on your next execution time check it twice. and you method might be called but because of some condition in your method that code would not be execute. check it twice.

Author

Thanks @Anil Kesariya. Hey let me tell you that I am done with all this testing. In my method before going for any further conditions and loops I am printing a line saying "method has started". But for our surprise, on the 4th day of call it did not print anything that means it did not start execution. Let me also tell you, the same function got called on the 6th day and was correct.

Hello @vaibhav ! so as per your experiment you saying that the scheduler is not called on 4th and 5th execution and from 6th its working fine ? isn't it ?

Author

Thank you. Appreciate your efforts. No, there isn't any specific pattern for this execution or non execution of my functions. Actually we have 4 methods to be executed daily each at 2pm, 3pm, 4pm and 5pm respectively kept with the same function and same scheduler working for last 2 weeks. Someday all gets executed, someday few and some day none of the methods executes without any errors And these schedulers are independent of each other.

Author

In the beta state of project, I have tested the same schedulers and methods with 1 minute gap. It executed properly without any miss.

Yes @vaibhav I have tested too with min. the scheduler works well. its interesting why the scheduler break after 4th execution if interval is day. I will try to solve this issue.

Author

Thanks @ Anil. It will be a great help for me. let me know if you needs any help ?

Hello @Vaibhav have you find any solution regarding why scheduler was not continuing after 4th execution. what was the issue?

Author

Hi @Anil.... No, We are still facing the unreal execution of scheduler ....

Hi Team, I am also facing the same issue. I scheduled a scheduler at 3.30 AM by every day. But it's now calling my method. But the execution time only changing properly by every day in the schedule screen. My details are below, OpenEPR V 7.0 Ubuntu 12.04 server Time is IST Kindly help me to solve this issue. Thanks