Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Scheduler does not allocate raw material to MO when stock is Make to Order

By
Charles Chaaya
on 3/18/14, 12:49 PM 730 views

If a stock item is set as "Make to Order", then when a manufacturing order is created that uses that item, its status stays "waiting for raw material" though there is enough raw material in the inventory. Basically, the scheduler creates a new purchase order instead of allocating existing stock to the MO.

Can someone please explain why is that the case, or am I missing something? Is there a setting that makes the scheduler allocate raw material from inventory if there is enough there. It works if the stock is set as "Make to Stock" but not when "Make to Order."

Note: to make it work as "Make to Stock", I also have to define order points for each of those stocks (24,000 of them.) I am trying to avoid that, unless someone can tell me how to generate those automatically.

Cheers Charles

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/18/14, 12:49 PM
Seen: 730 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM