Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Scheduler Calling for Too Much Product to be Manufactured

By
Zachary Rand
on 5/18/14, 7:05 PM 1,636 views

Hello everyone,

I am stumped on how to get Odoo to properly schedule my company's manufacturing. My company is a beer brewery that produces a large batch of beer (through 3 steps), then fills kegs from that large batch.

I created 2 products: the bulk beer (UoM="batch"=310 gallons; "batch" is in the volume category) and the keg of the beer (UoM is "unit(s)".

• The kegs are Make to Stock- they are managed by orderpoint to maintain an inventory level to be sold. The BOM consists of 5 gallons of bulk beer and an empty keg.
  • The bulk beer can only be produced in a single batch size. Because of this, it is a Make to Stock product with the following orderpoint:

Minimum Quantity 0.00 batch

Maximum Quantity 1.00 batch

Quantity Multiple 1

• It is manufactured in 3 steps:

Step 1 (one machine that takes 10 hours to complete a batch):

Capacity Information

Efficiency Factor 1.00

Capacity per Cycle 1.00

Time for 1 cycle (hour) 10:00

Time before prod. 00:00

Time after prod. 00:00

Step 2 (4 machines operating in parallel; each machine can process 1 batch from step 1 every 10 days; i.e. four batches from step 1 can be processed simultaneously):

Efficiency Factor 1.00

Capacity per Cycle 4.00

Time for 1 cycle (hour) 240:00

Time after prod.00:00

Step 3 (one machine that takes 3 days to complete its work):

Efficiency Factor 1.00

Capacity per Cycle 1.00

Time for 1 cycle (hour) 72:00

Time after prod. 00:00

Here is the routing:

Sequence/Name/Work Center/Number of Cycles/Number of Hours:

0/Brew/10bbl Brewing System/1.00/24.00

1/Fermentation/Fermentation Suite/1.00/240.00

2/Brite10bbl/Brite Tank/1.00/72.00

The keg orderpoint is for 30x kegs of this product, which is equal to 150 gallons or .484 batch. The MRP scheduler result is the following:

Sequence/Work Order/Work Center/Number of Cycles/Number of Hours/My comparison to reality

0/Brew - Beer/Machine 1/2.00/40:00 ---> 2x the correct cycles, 4x the correct time

1/Fermentation - Beer/Machine 2/1.00/480:00 ---> correct cycles, 2x the correct time

2/Brite - Beer/Machine 3/2.00/288:00 ---> 2x the correct cycles, 4x the correct time

Can anyone assist me in correcting the issue with incorrect cycles and times? Thank you.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/18/14, 7:05 PM
Seen: 1636 times
Last updated: 4/6/15, 9:49 PM