Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Schedule pop up message

By
Mohammed Arif Mazumder
on 7/1/13, 5:38 AM 4,848 views

hey everyone, I am trying to generate a outlook type alarm/alert in openerp. As for different module as I have seen they send email for alert. But I want to show a popup message. As in openerp we have corn.py or scheduler, I am trying to create a event from Calender and that event should show a popup message will notify about the event. from Settings -> Scheduler -> Scheduled Action ->Run Event Reminder - > technical Data its call a method do_run_scheduler from calender.alarm. I can create a custom method and use this for popup message by

raise osv.except_osv(_('Warning!'), ('Event'))

but its not showing in openerp screen rather its showing in log file. Have any idea. How to accomplish this warning message using this scheduler action. Appreciate your help.

IT Libertas
On 7/3/16, 9:02 AM

Look at the "Special Feature" section of the app https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/9.0/joint_calendar/. It let you configure any sort of popup reminders and emails for any Odoo model

kalmenchia
On 7/1/13, 10:18 AM

Hi ,

raise osv.except_osv(_('Warning!'), ('Event')) is used for raising exception/error dialog in a particular OSV / class / model which usually in a form or a tree or a wizard...

but what you want is not possible for now , not that i know of becuase openerp do not have a global message dialog which can be called ,or simply put it do not have such dialog widget yet, it has to build as a core components in the js library of the web module .

Thanks Kalmenchia for your answer. Its disappointing that they haven't got this functionality. May be I have to workaround in other way to change the color of the view. Please buzz me if you have something pop up in your mind.

Regards.

Mohammed Arif Mazumder
on 7/1/13, 4:28 PM

See http://help.openerp.com/question/16506/how-to-display-dialog-box/ - it is a customization that does this.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 7/1/13, 7:21 PM

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
On 8/5/15, 7:56 AM

Mohammed and freinds,

Please check  the popup reminder helps you on this.

Here is the module : https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/popup_reminder

Thanks.

Thanks Kalmenchia for your answer. Its disappointing that they haven't got this functionality. May be I have to workaround in other way to change the color of the view. Please buzz me if you have something pop up in your mind.

Regards.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/1/13, 5:38 AM
Seen: 4848 times
Last updated: 7/3/16, 9:02 AM