This question has been flagged

I created a custom report just like sales order. when printed out it gets scattered. I made research and delete the system parameter: web.base.url. It returns to normal but after some hours it gets scattered . Any one  with similar issue and resolved it permanently ?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Ojomo,

You shouldn't delete the web.base.url. It is used by the system and is automatically updated. If you have an Odoo that is reachable from two URL's then the web.base.url will be changed to the last URL you've visited.
Odoo has made a parameter to specifically handle reports their URL though, which will fix your issue with the PDF (QWEB) reports. Add a new parameter under the system parameters named "report.url" with the value "http://127.0.0.1:8069". If your Odoo runs on another port then change :8069 to your port number.

P.S: You could also add a parameter web.base.url.freeze and modify your web.base.url to 127.0.0.1 but it the past has proven me that this is not as good as report.url (as the report.url is only used for reports while web.base.url is used in multiple places.

Regards,

Yenthe

Discard
Author

@Yenthe, I will test and revert . Thanks

There are some issues with my domain name and I can not fix them with web.base.url but with I added another system parameters it works fine. Thank you for a clear explanation

It took me a while to find this answer. Thanks a lot, the report.url work just perfect for me.