Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Scanner connected via BlueTooth to POSBox not working

By
Erik Lewis
on 2/4/15, 6:26 PM 803 views

I installed and configured a bluetooth barcode reader to work with my POSBox which is running my receipt printer.  POSBox status page (image attached) appears to see it.  But when I try to look up products with it, I get the scan beep, but no numbers appear in the "search products" field on my tablet.  Receipts are printing.  

My understanding of POSBox is that it proxy's for the POS application.  Shouldn't there be a file I could tail or something to watch the input from the scanner?

Can't post a screenshot, here is the POSBox status

Hardware Status

The list of enabled drivers and their status

scale : disconnected

• Scale Not Found

escpos : connected

• Connected to Epson TM-T20II

scanner : connected

• Connected to usb-0a5c_4502-event-kbd

Connected Devices

The list of connected USB devices as seen by the posbox

04b8:0e15 Seiko Epson Corp. 

0a5c:4500 Broadcom Corp. BCM2046B1 USB 2.0 Hub (part of BCM2046 Bluetooth)

0a5c:4502 Broadcom Corp. Keyboard (Boot Interface Subclass)

0a5c:4503 Broadcom Corp. Mouse (Boot Interface Subclass)

0a5c:2148 Broadcom Corp. BCM92046DG-CL1ROM Bluetooth 2.1 Adapter

Add New Printer

Copy and paste your printer's device description in the form below. You can find your printer's description in the device list above. If you find that your printer works well, please send your printer's description to support@openerp.com so that we can add it to the default list of supported devices.

Reset To Defaults

If the added devices cause problems, you can Reset the device list to factory default. This operation cannot be undone.

Curious does anyone ever respond to these questions?  I've asked a few now with no response.  Is there a trick to getting anyone to reply?

Erik Lewis
on 2/6/15, 7:32 AM

Erik you're not getting much response on this because this is a very detailed problem and there probably isn't anybody using this setup yet (with a BlueTooth scanner). Do you get any errors in the Odoo logfile? Either way I don't think the PosBox can ever find the BlueTooth scanner..

Yenthe
on 2/6/15, 7:54 AM

Apologies I apparently posted my reply incorrectly and did it 3 times. Where is the log file you speak of.

Erik Lewis
on 2/6/15, 8:01 AM
Erik Lewis
On 2/6/15, 8:00 AM

Thank you for the response, I was getting frustrated with no replies.  I'm just working on the POSBox so I'm limited in my knowledge of Odoo.  Where is the log file and do I need to pull the log files from the Odoo server or just the POSBox.

Erik Lewis

Thank you for the response, I was getting frustrated with no replies.  I'm just working on the POSBox so I'm limited in my knowledge of Odoo.  Where is the log file and do I need to pull the log files from the Odoo server or just the POSBox.

Erik Lewis

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/4/15, 6:26 PM
Seen: 803 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM