Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

"Save as Attachment Prefix" for printed invoices PDF names ignored ?

By
Bjorn
on 11/26/14, 4:35 AM 1,401 views

I'm using ODOO 8 and when I "print" an invoice, the name of the PDF file is always account.report_invoice.pdf.

But when I look into Settings / technical / actions / reports / Invoices the "Save as Attachment Prefix" is set to (object.state in ('open','paid')) and ('INV'+(object.number or '').replace('/','')+'.pdf').

So the name of the pdf file should be dynamic, right ? Am I looking at the wrong place ? Is this a bug ?

Note : for the email attachement pdf file, everythings works fine. 

Did you solve this problem now?

Pascal Tremblay
on 12/4/14, 11:06 AM

No, as it is a "known" bug, I'm hopping on a fix. When I have time I will be looking for automated file renaming software as the generated PDF file has the correct Invoice number as tag... But I really hope that in the mean time, the bug will be solved. :)

Bjorn
on 12/4/14, 11:11 AM

Bole

--Bole--
| 5 4 6
Zagreb | Karlovac, Croatia
--Bole--

there is only 10 kind of people the ones that understand binary ... and others

Bole
On 11/26/14, 7:21 AM

It is a js bug, present in v7 and v8... 

edit:
maybe this will help you : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14434846/openerp-custom-report-filename
had simmilar problem, but don't realy remeber how did i fix it... 

That's a relief to read... I was going crazy. Any known workaround ?

Bjorn
on 11/26/14, 8:01 AM

check my edit on answer... maybe it will help a bit

Bole
on 11/26/14, 10:02 AM

No it didn't. But thank you anyway for the concern. I can't believe I'm the only one bugged with that matter...

Bjorn
on 11/26/14, 10:18 AM

Somebody has solved with this solution? I could try it.

Pascal Tremblay
on 12/4/14, 11:14 AM

i have the same bug and this helps are to OpenERP7 or

Juan Muñoz
on 7/29/15, 5:52 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/26/14, 4:35 AM
Seen: 1401 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM