This question has been flagged
4 Replies

In OpenERP we are able to assign the same "user" to multiple employees. What is the purpose of this? is this a bug or purposefully done for achieving some functionality. Please verify.

Discard
Best Answer

To support generic logins.

Jane and John both work in the warehouse, but it doesn't make sense for them to have a login each (many reasons for this) so they use a generic login: warehouse

Discard
Author

Hi Ray, Thanks for your answer. But one issue we are facing is, in HR module, when we create Timesheet for employees, what gets stored in the table is the login user id of each employee against their timesheet. Now if the more than one employee has the same username, it creates a problem there. All timesheets gets saved in the first employee's name even if we had selected another employe with the same login name. How to over come this issue? Kindly provide your valuable suggestion

I don't know of a way to have both - timesheets and generic logins. You have to choose.

I understand the need to have generic login, but should it be the default? I mean, I can allocate by mistake more than one employee per user and the system will never validate it, even though i never intended to have generic logins. Shouldn't it be an option I select when configuring the HR module, knowing that it will disable User x Employee validation and also impossibilitate Timesheet use? In the same reasoning, goes the option o having

For everyone who wants something by default, there will be just as many people who do not want it by default. With OpenERP, the greatest thing about it is you can change the way it works!

I agree with you, but shoudn't the defaults reflect what is used most? I can't believe the majority of the configurations have generic logins.

Hi Ray Carnes, is it possible to create time sheets (with same date range) for john and jane with this generic login? Thank you,

Best Answer

Hi Ray Carnes,

is it possible to create time sheets (with same date range) for  john and jane with this generic login?

Thank you,

Discard
Best Answer

Have you tried opening your timesheet (it'll open by default in the name of the first employee of the user), then just creating a new timesheet, in the same week, in the name of the other guy assigned to that user?

Discard
Best Answer

Jane works at a company group, as board member at two companies. Legally she is registered an an employee in each one of them, get two paychecks (paid from each company bank). And both companies pay taxes on the corresponding paychecks.

Discard