Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Same user can be allocated to multiple employees!!!!

By
Farook
on 10/26/13, 10:02 AM 2,051 views

In OpenERP we are able to assign the same "user" to multiple employees. What is the purpose of this? is this a bug or purposefully done for achieving some functionality. Please verify.

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 10/28/13, 6:49 PM

To support generic logins.

Jane and John both work in the warehouse, but it doesn't make sense for them to have a login each (many reasons for this) so they use a generic login: warehouse

Hi Ray, Thanks for your answer. But one issue we are facing is, in HR module, when we create Timesheet for employees, what gets stored in the table is the login user id of each employee against their timesheet. Now if the more than one employee has the same username, it creates a problem there. All timesheets gets saved in the first employee's name even if we had selected another employe with the same login name. How to over come this issue? Kindly provide your valuable suggestion

Farook
on 10/29/13, 2:32 AM

I don't know of a way to have both - timesheets and generic logins. You have to choose.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 10/29/13, 12:06 PM

I understand the need to have generic login, but should it be the default? I mean, I can allocate by mistake more than one employee per user and the system will never validate it, even though i never intended to have generic logins. Shouldn't it be an option I select when configuring the HR module, knowing that it will disable User x Employee validation and also impossibilitate Timesheet use? In the same reasoning, goes the option o having

Eloi
on 1/20/14, 9:40 AM

For everyone who wants something by default, there will be just as many people who do not want it by default. With OpenERP, the greatest thing about it is you can change the way it works!

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 1/21/14, 2:00 AM

I agree with you, but shoudn't the defaults reflect what is used most? I can't believe the majority of the configurations have generic logins.

Eloi
on 1/31/14, 7:12 AM

Hi Ray Carnes, is it possible to create time sheets (with same date range) for john and jane with this generic login? Thank you,

samba
on 6/27/14, 10:28 AM
samba
On 6/27/14, 8:49 AM

Hi Ray Carnes,

is it possible to create time sheets (with same date range) for  john and jane with this generic login?

Thank you,

Igor MF
On 6/27/14, 9:20 AM

Have you tried opening your timesheet (it'll open by default in the name of the first employee of the user), then just creating a new timesheet, in the same week, in the name of the other guy assigned to that user?

Daniel Reis

--Daniel Reis--
| 6 7 9
Lisbon, Portugal
--Daniel Reis--

Author of the "Odoo Development Essentials" book.

Applications Manager at Securitas Portugal

Github: https://github.com/dreispt

Twitter; @reis_pt

Daniel Reis
On 6/27/14, 8:58 AM

Jane works at a company group, as board member at two companies. Legally she is registered an an employee in each one of them, get two paychecks (paid from each company bank). And both companies pay taxes on the corresponding paychecks.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/26/13, 10:02 AM
Seen: 2051 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM