Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Sales order series prefix by shop "ID"?

By
Ankur Shah
on 4/9/13, 1:46 PM 1,055 views

Hi- Is there anyway to have the series number prefixed by the shop's "ID". I understand the shops do not have a notion of ID, but I can use their names in short notation and would like to use their ID in the prefix of the sales order.

The point is to logically tell to which shop the sales order belongs just by looking at the prefixed ID of the shop. Is there an easy way to do this?

I will second this request. I would like to know if it's possible to change SO in the prefix to something else.

Nicholas Burdick
on 5/2/13, 7:25 PM

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)

--Mustufa Rangwala (mra)--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
http://www.odoo.com
| 2 1 4
Ahmedabad, India
--Mustufa Rangwala (mra)--

- Around 7+ years of strong experience in Odoo (Formerly OpenERP) which is world's largest Open Source Business Applications driven by CEO Fabien Pinckaers. - Played key role in developing and maintaining various Odoo Product modules and integrating them on Open Source ERP Environment. - Experience on Scrum methodology for project management - Experience in Team Building - Quick Start Implementations. - Worked on almost all versions (4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 6.1, 7.0, SAAS, Trunk(8.0)...) of Odoo (Formerly OpenERP) . Specialities: Odoo Business Process And OpenERP Implementation. Odoo Application Support and Maintenance. Odoo Technical & Functional Training. Business Process Mapping & Gap Analysis (Functional and Technical Analysis)

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)
On 4/9/13, 3:18 PM

Not possible with sequence option.

Regards, Mustufa

Appreciate the reply, but I'm not sure what you mean by "sequence option". The sequenced number can still be there as it is now - with the number incremented every time the SO is created. I'm only asking the shop's name to be prefixed to the SO.

Ankur Shah
on 4/9/13, 3:51 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/9/13, 1:46 PM
Seen: 1055 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM