Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Sales Order questions

By
Andri Halim Gunawan
on 6/8/14, 9:57 AM 605 views

Hi guys,

If I have a customer who pays in Cash and picks up what he buys at my store, do we need to make a SO? Or can we just make a Customer Invoice directly? Will my stock be updated if I make an Invoice directly?

Erwin De Raad
On 6/8/14, 7:08 PM

The SO is the mechanism that drives financial entries (invoice) and product moves. (delivery order) Out of the box it works like this. Only creating an invoice will not update your stock. You could change the workflow and/or automate some actions when needed. Did you check out the POS already? It creates a customer receipt and keeps your stock up to date by delivering the order. 

Andri Halim Gunawan
On 6/10/14, 9:47 PM

OK. So if we want to update our stock as well, we need to do the SO -> DO -> Invoice

Correct?

That would be the default in OpenERP. According to the configuration you can either set it so that the invoice can be made manually, automatically after confirming the sale order or after delivery. Depending on you company you may choose any of those 3. The option for this can be found on the sale order, under the tab "Other information". Look for the fields "Shipping Policy" and "Create invoice" to configure how you would like to handle the Sale Order.

Ludo - Neobis
on 6/11/14, 5:46 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/8/14, 9:57 AM
Seen: 605 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM