Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Sale.order TreeView: how to add fields like "partner_shipping_id.city"?

on 6/12/13, 6:36 AM 1,737 views

If I add "partner_shipping_id" to my Sale.Order TreeView, it will automatically show the name of the Delivery Address. I want to show the "city" or "place" of a Delivery Address rather than the name. How can I specify I want to show another field than the name of this Address?

I don't mind having to add a field e.g. "x_city" to the sale.order table, but how can I set this field to automatically store "partner_shipping_id.city" values? That way I can add x_city to my TreeView, and show it in my List View.

Is there a better way to do this? How?

Ghanshyam Prajapati

--Ghanshyam Prajapati--
| 4 4 8
Pune, India
--Ghanshyam Prajapati--
OpenERP Developer
Ghanshyam Prajapati
On 6/12/13, 9:34 AM

You can use related field to display City.

Try this,

'shipping_city' : fields.related('partner_shipping_id','city', type='char', string='City', readonly=True),

Fields type in OpenERP.

Hey Ghanshyam, this worked like a charm. Thanks for your perfect feedback.

on 6/12/13, 12:23 PM

I can't sort on this field though. Is this normal? May need to look into a different way to do this, because not being able to sort on location is a bit vague.

on 6/14/13, 11:39 AM

Sudhir Arya (SA)

--Sudhir Arya (SA)--
| 6 8 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Sudhir Arya (SA)--

Working as an OpenERP/Odoo developer and a Team Leader 

Top 5 Odoo contributor On Stackoverflow

Sudhir Arya (SA)
On 6/12/13, 9:31 AM

You can use related field to display City.

'shipping_city': fields.related('partner_shipping_id', 'city', string='City', type='char')

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 6/12/13, 6:36 AM
Seen: 1737 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM