Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Safe to delete system notifications?

on 10/26/13, 4:56 PM 881 views

We are in a situation where there are over 1 million! messages in the mail_message table. They are almost all type = 'notification'. I think this is because we are running our MRP scheduler every minute. I plan to change that setting but I want to know if it's safe to delete these messages? Would there be any ill effects? Should I delete from the web interface or would it be safe to delete directly form the database table?

The database has grown faster than I anticipated. We've only been online for a couple months and I'd like to clean things up.

Grover Menacho

--Grover Menacho--
| 5 7 8
La Paz, Bolivia
--Grover Menacho--

Systems Engineer + MBA

Grover Menacho
On 10/26/13, 11:39 PM

There is no problem if you want to delete messages. You can do it on Settings page.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 10/26/13, 4:56 PM
Seen: 881 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM