This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello,

1 - I have a product as "Make to Order"

2 - Input a "Reordering Roles" for this product

3 - Input a "Sales Order" for this product, and confirm it.

4 - Now I can see the correct "Requests for Quotation"

5 - "Run Scheduler" 

6 - Then you will see the above step4's "Requests for Quotation" products Quantity changed, which added to twice.

Is that a BUG? And how to solve it?

Merry Christmas / Berry Wang

Discard
Best Answer

Make to order means, ever time you confirm a Sales Order for this product, create a Purchase Order.

Reorder rules mean, when you notice that the stock of an item is below the minimum quantity, create a Purchase Order to bring the stock to the maximum quantity.

Normally you EITHER have Make to order, OR Reorder rules, not BOTH.  You are instructing Odoo to first place a Purchase Order for the Sales Order quantity, then to place another Purchase Order for the Reorder rules quantity.

Make to order means that you cannot use existing stock, and cannot sell this stock to another customer.  If you have reorder rules perhaps you don't want make to order?

https://doc.odoo.com/book/5/5_14_Stock/5_14_Stock_mvts/#procurement-methods-make-to-stock-and-make-to-order

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks Ray,

Reorder only change PO's products Quantity one time. If you Reorder again the second time and so on, the Quantity will not changed any more.

I think it should keep the Quantity when run schedule, but not add more. I have tried if click more times run schedule will not cause more Quantity but keep only twice.

We cannot adivise wharehouse staff to stop using run schedule. because some time sales department will choose MTO by themselves decision.

BRGDS / Berry

Discard