Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

"Run Scheduler" cause wrong "Requests for Quotation" products Quantity. Is that a BUG?

By
Berry
on 12/24/14, 3:18 AM 589 views

Hello,

1 - I have a product as "Make to Order"

2 - Input a "Reordering Roles" for this product

3 - Input a "Sales Order" for this product, and confirm it.

4 - Now I can see the correct "Requests for Quotation"

5 - "Run Scheduler" 

6 - Then you will see the above step4's "Requests for Quotation" products Quantity changed, which added to twice.

Is that a BUG? And how to solve it?

Merry Christmas / Berry Wang

Berry
On 12/27/14, 10:51 PM

Thanks Ray,

Reorder only change PO's products Quantity one time. If you Reorder again the second time and so on, the Quantity will not changed any more.

I think it should keep the Quantity when run schedule, but not add more. I have tried if click more times run schedule will not cause more Quantity but keep only twice.

We cannot adivise wharehouse staff to stop using run schedule. because some time sales department will choose MTO by themselves decision.

BRGDS / Berry

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 12/27/14, 7:00 PM

Make to order means, ever time you confirm a Sales Order for this product, create a Purchase Order.

Reorder rules mean, when you notice that the stock of an item is below the minimum quantity, create a Purchase Order to bring the stock to the maximum quantity.

Normally you EITHER have Make to order, OR Reorder rules, not BOTH.  You are instructing Odoo to first place a Purchase Order for the Sales Order quantity, then to place another Purchase Order for the Reorder rules quantity.

Make to order means that you cannot use existing stock, and cannot sell this stock to another customer.  If you have reorder rules perhaps you don't want make to order?

https://doc.odoo.com/book/5/5_14_Stock/5_14_Stock_mvts/#procurement-methods-make-to-stock-and-make-to-order

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/24/14, 3:18 AM
Seen: 589 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM