This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello,

I need to create a customer service group which allow user to view(Read) Sales Orders, Customers, Invoices etc.

For that i have created a group 'Customer Service' in a separate module. Now instead setting rights for sale, stock, account, crm in core modules i want to set it in inherited modules for e.g rights for sale should be in sale_extension like wise.

I did same but the problem is if sale, sale_extension and stock is installed and i am accessing Sales -> Sales Orders it will raise warning Access Denied for model stock.picking, stock.move etc. as stock_extension(module containing rights for stock) is not installed.

How can i achieve this by setting rights in different modules?

Regards,

Discard

Why don't you install your stock_extension module with the proper rights?

sale_extension should depend on stock_extension because sale and stock are installed. You can just install stock_extension to correct that or add a rule in sale_extension that just add read right on stock.picking.

Best Answer

If you basically want to have a group with readonly access to some parts of odoo, then why not try these modules:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp-viewer-team/openerp-viewer-groups/7.0/files

They create new groups called Viewers

Discard