Odoo Help

Reverting database to original settings

By
Salycop
on 10/8/18, 7:11 AM 109 views

Hello, I am new at Oddo.

I have introduced some changes to database: deleted some info, like countries and estates. And also added some modifications with studio that I am not able to delete.

Is there a way to restore the database to its original state (as freshly installed)? I have no back ups.

Thanks!

Salycop
On 10/11/18, 12:30 PM

Thank you for the answer.

However I'm not able to delete te database. I get error message: You cannot delete a paid database!

If I create a new one, will I be able to add the apps that we are currently paying for? Or will they charge again for them as new apps?

Techneith
On 10/8/18, 8:40 AM

If you dont have any data then simply create a new database else if you have existing data and cannot delete it then create a new db and move products, customers etc to it using csv or xmlrpc script. 

yes this is correct with loosing data

subbarao
on 10/8/18, 8:56 AM

Yes creating a new db will be a fresh database but It's easy to import items back in with a simple script . I made one a few days back using XML RPC to import product, variants, pricelists and also the partners. Using the script to move data from one db to another is easy.

Techneith
on 10/8/18, 9:09 AM

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 5 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 10/8/18, 8:15 AM

Delete the database in the /web/database/manager and create a new one.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/8/18, 7:11 AM
Seen: 109 times
Last updated: 10/11/18, 12:30 PM