Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Reversing items transaction back to vendors doesn't allow me to cancel purchase order

on 9/1/16, 11:43 PM 121 views

Hello Everyone, 

I'm really having difficulties in cancelling a purchase order that has been billed. It's pretty normal in business situation that sometimes you'd get wrong products ( you realized a lil too late after you pay the vendors ). and you would want to ask refund, cancel the bill, and finally cancel 

Following the odoo guidelines steps to cancel PO, I did the reverse transfer from Stock to Vendors, however when trying to cancel the now "reversed" PO, it still complains unable to cancel it because there are some receptions still attached to it ( which there isn't ) 

Or maybe I don't know how to properly check if there are still further receptions to attached to this PO. 

How do you go about to do this in Odoo 9 ?

Thank you 

On 9/2/16, 10:35 AM

Hey yash, 

Thanks for your reply. I understand being an ERP there are these traceability for documents/po/vendor bills etc. the work, no matter how overwhelming these can be. It's "best practice" to keep which one is still in draft/open/cancelled state

The trouble in my case is that we have received items that an purchase order created, but realizing they are not the correct  ones ( we have not created vendor bills for this transaction, so it's not neccessary to ASK REFUND )

The steps thus to cancel this purchase order, according to Odoo official document here ( ver 9.0 ), which is also the version I'm using 

1. create a reverse transaction for the items received ( from Stock to Vendors )

2. then, simply you will be able to cancel the PO.

Similiar steps also outlined previously on this forum :

I followed these, but whenever I click the CANCEL button there are warning that system's unable to cancel because there are some receptions linked with this document. I believed it's all being reversed and thus is able to cancel 

What steps am I missing ?

Yash Pancholi (yap)
On 9/2/16, 8:12 AM

Hello Optimal,

I can understand your concern, but cancelling the PO which is linked to the receipt which already had been done or vendor bill which is already paid is not a good practice.

You can make a separate refund bill by clicking on ASK REFUND button on the vendor bill linked to the PO.

To put it in nutshell, the PO can not be cancelled to maintain the track history of purchase stocks and bills.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 9/1/16, 11:43 PM
Seen: 121 times
Last updated: 9/2/16, 10:35 AM