This question has been flagged
9 Replies

I try to figure out if it's possible to create a 'Disassembly Order'  order in Odoo V8

We buy used products and disassemble them into parts. These parts are then sold piece by piece. What it like to have is a 'Bill of Materials to be disassembled'. So if we buy a computer, I'd like to make a list of parts that need to be disassembled and stored in Odoo, the rest of the computer is waste.  

Can this be done?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

Although this is an old question I will reply since I am in the process of figuring out a solution myself for the same scenario and others might land on this page to get a solution like I did.

You can use the Unbuild Orders under Operations under the standard Manufacturing module/app.
To do this you will need to define a product that is composed of the different parts under BoM (Bill of Materials).
After which you can unassemble/unbuild that product into the separate components as defined in your BoM.

Hope this helps. I'll have more details as I familiarize myself with it.

J

Discard

We had a similar issue. We had a product which was manufactured from 10 other products and the state was DONE. We wanted to change a few products in the MO, but there was nothing we could do about it. we can just add additional components.

So we used the Unbuild Orders operation to disassemble that product, everything went back on stock and we were able to producte the product with a different BOM. Works like a charm.

Hi, What if quantities changes time to time with no specific BOM.

Eg: items like fish, one may receive whole fish cut into pieces and sell.

Best Answer

I don't know if the exact functionality is available, but if it isn't, you could try to use the module called MRP Byproducts as an inspiration. The flyer tells us this, which is kind of what you want:

This module allows you to produce several products from one production order.

You can configure by-products in the bill of material.

Without this module:

A + B + C -> D

With this module:

A + B + C -> D + E
Discard

This is correct. Let's say you make chairs. You use four legs, a base and a back to make a chair. To disassemble a chair, just create a Bill of Materials for a CHAIR LEG, which 'consumes' a CHAIR, and has the following byproducts CHAIR LEG, CHAIR LEG, CHAIR LEG, CHAIR BASE, CHAIR BACK. Then, whenever you need to disassemble a chair, 'manufacture' a 'chair leg' using this Bill of Materials. Your inventory of CHAIRS will decrease by one, your inventory of CHAIR LEGS will increase by 4, your inventory of CHAIR BASES will increase by 1 and your inventory of CHAIR BACKS will increase by 1.

Author

So I 'manufacture' a 'chair leg' , and then all of a sudden I have 4 legs, a base and a back? Doesn't sound like solid solution to me, more like a workaround. Is this really how it's suppose to work? What if we disassemble 10 types of chairs, for chair typeA we only need the front legs, for chair typeB we only need the back, etc.

Author

FYI : We don't make products, we only disassemble products.

Hi Hamstra, Have you got any solid solution for this?

Best Answer

Yes its possible through a custom dismantle module, to get back the raw materials from product A into the stock and use them to produce product B. You need to do the reverse of manufacturing process. We have the custom solution for both odoo 8 and 7. Feel free to contact us regarding any queries: akhilpsivan@outlook.com.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi , i have made a blog post on this topic , you can view it here ... 

http://blog.instant-erp.com/2015/03/how-to-disassemble-products-using-mrp.html

Hope this is helpful !

Discard

The blog is interesting however it is not completed. You did not mentioned how to go about the actual dissembling steps.