Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Revenue negative balance

By
Andrey Zarubin
on 9/12/13, 1:21 PM 2,479 views

From what I've learned from different accounting stuff it seems logical to credit the Revenue accounts. But can someone describe me what the actual meaning of negative balance of "Profit and Loss" sheet on "Chart of Accounts" tab?

P.S. OpenERP V.7. accounting

Andrey Zarubin
On 1/22/15, 4:55 AM

Not really. I discovered the problem and it happens that balance is calculated by debit - credit. However, in case of Profit and Loss it should be reversed. The point is that Expenses are always debited and the Debtors are credited. I've changed the postgres view in 

addons/account/report/account_entries_report.py

and added 

l.credit-l.debit as x_inverted_balance

I had to modify model to add this new field and views. So that made a trick.

it will become negative based on your data, not all the time it is negative.. it depennds on your debit and credit data.. profit and loss is based from income less expense.. if your expense is greater than income your PF will be negative.. if your income is greater that expense your PF is positive..

well, not really. so when the customer pays in cash I am actually credit Revenue account and debit the Cash account. in the same time when I have to pay salaries etc I am debiting the Expenses account. So when the Revenue (credit) is greater then Expenses (debit) that means that my company is profitable. Isn't it?

Andrey Zarubin
on 9/13/13, 8:31 AM

yes ,that's right :D

Lady Sharmane Udtuhan
on 9/13/13, 8:33 AM

the balance is negative tho this is why I am confused. anyways, thanks.

Andrey Zarubin
on 9/13/13, 8:44 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/12/13, 1:21 PM
Seen: 2479 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM