This question has been flagged

Hi all,

I'm trying to use returnable packaging with Odoo 10.0 Community Edition. I've created products for all returnable packaging of type stockable product and with invoice method set to delivered items.

However, I'm having two problems:

1. I would like to add packaging to the order when processing the outgoing delivery. However, when I add products to the outgoing delivery, they will not be added to the invoice when I create the invoice from the SO. So, I have to add the returnable packaging products to the original SO, in order to have them added to the invoice. This works, but is not optimal. Is there a better way?

2. When the returnable packaging is returned by the customer, this is usually during delivery, we would like to deduct the price of the packaging from the invoice. Likewise, I've tried to add the product to the SO that we're delivering, but with a negative quantity. This is possible, but then the products will not be added to the invoice (I expected them to be added with a negative amount). Is there any way to handle this requirement?

Not sure if this is relevant, but we're using perpetual inventory, and we have configured Anglo-Saxon accounting.

We're not using packaging functionality of Odoo yet.

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Kind regards,

- Matthias

Discard
Best Answer

I think adding packaging on your sales order is a good solution.

For invoicing the return of packing you can get inspiration from following https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-I96lZP8UH_Y0d4ekt1andBNDA/view

Hope this helps

Discard