Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Return products to vendor

By
Lars
on 2/27/13, 9:02 AM 3,720 views

Scenario Purchasing

The workflow I am used to prior to OpenERP is 1. Receive all products into a quarantine warehouse (Finacial account account goods received not invoiced) 2. Inspect the products 3. Good products are put into good stock 3. Bad products are put on a return PO/credit PO and disposed in accordance with the vendor instruction. 4. Invoice is received in after inspection finished 5. Credit note received in

What would be the corresponding workflow "best practice" in OpenERP?

1. Pay Invoice-Credit Note

Kevin McMenamin

--Kevin McMenamin--
| 5 2 6
Auckland, New Zealand
--Kevin McMenamin--
Kevin McMenamin
On 2/27/13, 3:39 PM

You can create a location 'Inwards Goods' and make this the Input location for the warehouse so any PO on the warehouse has this as the destination location. Then use chaining to create the move from Inwards Goods to Stock, but make it a type of automatic (not automatic no move added).

Process

Receipt goods - create supplier invoice based on quantity received Check goods - if any to be returned, create the return which will create the financial credit Transfer good products to stock

This would be a good method if I got the supplier invoices in a timely manner. Is there any way to create a return order prior to receiving the supplier invoice?

Lars
on 2/28/13, 7:35 AM

I managed to get used to the built in functionality of Open ERP and found it easier to change the business practice than to start modifying Open ERP.

Lars
on 7/31/13, 6:29 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/27/13, 9:02 AM
Seen: 3720 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM