Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Restricting Developers on Production Server

By
umer farooq
on 12/10/13, 9:53 AM 972 views

Hello, I am using Openerp7 on win7 x64.I have setup accounts and finance module in my office now my Finance Head doesn't want any developers access on transactional data or master data like a developer can come and do desired work but cannot be able to see COA,Vendors,Customers and invoices.How can I restrict users other than Administrator. Please Help me in it and it's urgent.

Muhammad Saud Anwar
On 12/14/13, 6:53 AM

Hi, In one way you can do this, create a separate account for a developer , then login from administrator and goto settings, then users and then groups. Now create a new group and implement the restrictions on it , and add the developer account in it , for example if you don't want that your developer can get access of accounting module, because if you allow it then he surely able to see the accounts, so just uncheck the accountings section on it. in this way you can put restrictions according to your requirements, and provide the access to your developers in limited area for development. Hopes so that it will be helpful for you :-)

Gustavo

--Gustavo--
| 2 1 4
Buenos Aires, Argentina
--Gustavo--

Python developer, big fan of sailing

Gustavo
On 12/10/13, 12:32 PM

Create a development database, so your developers can work with that database. Then remove the developer users from your production database

Gustavo you mean to say I must let my developers do work on my production server then once their work is over delete their users? but meanwhile they would be able to go into the accounts section where they can find company's master data and transactional data actually i want them to be restricted in a way that they can freely room around but no in those section wherever administrator doesn't want to.

umer farooq
on 12/10/13, 1:02 PM

Yes... that is what I am saying. The other option is to create a testing environment where your developers can implement anything they need, and you can test it before promoting those changes to production. That promotion should be carried out by the system administrator

Gustavo
on 12/10/13, 1:22 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/10/13, 9:53 AM
Seen: 972 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM