This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hello,

I created a user in Odoo and gave him rights to only see the Inventory. Now I would like to restrict this user to only see the shipments in Inventory where the user is also partner of shipments.

When "Portal" is activated for this user this actually is basically achieved what I am looking for but the user can not open any shipment.

So my question is how can I restrict the user to see only the shipments where also the same user is "Partner" however also with the functionality to open the shipments.

Thank you

Discard

You can use addon warehouse restrict on odoo apps

Best Answer

Hi Simon,

You can use this method to restrict the user to view his shipment only

Apply the Record Rule which restrict user to only allow own record by adding up the domain like this,
Goto setting -> Record Rule -> Select Object

Rule Definition
[('partner_id', '=', user.partner_id.id)] # Something like

If you have not added any group so default would be grant for evryone or 
You can add specific group too, it only applicable for the same.
Thanks ..

For more information Contact us:- https: //kanakinfosystems.com/odoo-development-services

Discard
Best Answer

You can achieve this kind of requirement by adding new record rule but see record rule is not enough, you need to add some additional  access rights.

Actually when you give the access to portal user then he/she can only see the shipment, but in shipment some of other objects related like warehouse, location, procurement, etc... so you have to give read access of this all object to able the portal user to see the picking/shipment.

Discard