Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Restrict sales reps from seeing other contacts

By
Hamid Darabi
on 10/8/16, 10:51 PM 119 views

I have Odoo 9 installed. We need to restrict sales reps to see each other's contacts. I wrote a record rule so sales reps see all contacts they've created plus those that someone assigned to them(by choosing the sales rep's name in the Sales person field). This is my rule definition:
['|',('user_id','=',user.id),('create_uid','=',user.id)]
Everything works fine in my contact list and customer list but as soon as I open the sales dashboard or pipeline, I get this error:
The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.
(Document type: res.users, Operation: read)
I also gave res.users read permission to my group. What am I missing here?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/8/16, 10:51 PM
Seen: 119 times
Last updated: 10/8/16, 10:51 PM