This question has been flagged

I want to restrict the permission to create customers and products to admin alone.I am not that much clear about setting permissions via Users and Groups.My requirement is, I want only the admin login to create the Products and Customers and restrict all the other users from creating the same.Somebody please guide me in this?

Discard
Best Answer

Sneha,

We already have groups for it.- Contact Creation and Sales/Purchase/warehouse manager.

Thanks.

Discard
Author

what are the steps included in assigning permission to admin alone for creation of products and customers.Can u please explain in detail.?

Its not about assigning to admin alone, rather its about not giving the groups to the intended users!

Author

ok.Can you please explain the steps involved in not giving the groups to the intended users who should not create/edit?

Sneha, You should create a user, assign him to be the sales user only. This will let him ONLY see the products. If you want to let him create the contacts, there is a checkbox(turned as a group) called 'contact creation'. Thanks.

Best Answer

Hello

You need to manage access rights from settings for all user

create one group and give them  restricted access rights

for

rse.partner or product.product

Discard
Author

what are the steps included in assigning permission to admin alone for creation of products and customers.Can u please explain in detail.?

Best Answer

You can restrict any user from creating a new product by following these steps:

- Go to: 

Settings > in "Users" Select "Manage Users"

Select the user which you need to restrict him from creating a new product.

Select "Edit" then in "Inventory" Select "User" ((Do Not Select Administrator)) then click save.

Settings > User & Companies > Select "Groups"

Search for "Inventory / User" then Select it

Select "Access Rights" then Select "Edit"

In the table, you will see "product.template stock user" .. 

Tick inside "Create Access" to allow users to create a new product or untick to restrict the user from creating a new product.

Regards,

Yousif Al Qallaf

Discard