Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Restrict permission for customer and product creation

By
sneha antony
on 6/16/14, 12:52 AM 2,662 views

I want to restrict the permission to create customers and products to admin alone.I am not that much clear about setting permissions via Users and Groups.My requirement is, I want only the admin login to create the Products and Customers and restrict all the other users from creating the same.Somebody please guide me in this?

Atul Kumar jain

--Atul Kumar jain--
| 5 3 7
Indore, India
--Atul Kumar jain--

Atul Kumar jain
On 6/16/14, 1:52 AM

Hello

You need to manage access rights from settings for all user

create one group and give them  restricted access rights

for

rse.partner or product.product

what are the steps included in assigning permission to admin alone for creation of products and customers.Can u please explain in detail.?

sneha antony
on 6/16/14, 4:36 AM

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

On 6/16/14, 2:17 AM

Sneha,

We already have groups for it.- Contact Creation and Sales/Purchase/warehouse manager.

Thanks.

what are the steps included in assigning permission to admin alone for creation of products and customers.Can u please explain in detail.?

sneha antony
on 6/16/14, 4:39 AM

Its not about assigning to admin alone, rather its about not giving the groups to the intended users!

on 6/16/14, 12:29 PM

ok.Can you please explain the steps involved in not giving the groups to the intended users who should not create/edit?

sneha antony
on 6/17/14, 12:30 AM

Sneha, You should create a user, assign him to be the sales user only. This will let him ONLY see the products. If you want to let him create the contacts, there is a checkbox(turned as a group) called 'contact creation'. Thanks.

on 6/19/14, 11:47 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/16/14, 12:52 AM
Seen: 2662 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM