Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Restrict permission for customer and product creation

sneha antony
on 6/13/14, 8:38 AM 876 views

I want to restrict the permission to create customers and products to admin alone.I am not that much clear about setting permissions via Users and Groups.My requirement is, I want only the admin login to create the Products and Customers and restrict all the other users from creating the same.Somebody please guide me in this?

Kazim Mirza
On 6/13/14, 9:55 AM

==> setting/user/administrator/access rights/technical features -- checked it

==>go to setting/groups/

create a new group

in application field put product.product

in user page add users whom you dont want give a access rights

in inherited page add Human Resources / Employee 

now in access rights page select object = product.product 

and then checked on Read Access

And This Is Done

I tried following the above steps.But still I can create products from login other than admin

sneha antony
on 6/16/14, 5:46 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 6/13/14, 8:38 AM
Seen: 876 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM