This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello,

Under Sales->Products->Products there is a 'Procurements' tab which shows the cost price for the product.

I have sales users set up and would like to restrict access to this information. What is the best way to do this? I'm assuming that editing the view for the user will not be a secure way to do it..

Thanks, Lawrence

Discard
Best Answer

You can add the group sale manager to the field. so that only the users coming under sales manager can see the field. if you add groups in the view then the visibility is controlled by the group. but if you add groups when defining the fields in python then the field will be completely unavailable.

reference :http://doc.openerp.com/trunk/developers/server/04_security/#field-access-rights

Discard
Author

Thanks Omal- that's exactly what I was looking for. I'm still an openERP beginner so have up until now only been working on simple modifications through the UI or simply changing a group name in some XML. How do I add the syntax required for a particular Field? (For example my case of cost price). Thanks for the help!