This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I'm trying to test out the trunk release and have intalled OE from trunk nightly. This is installed on Ubuntu 12.04.3. Restoring v7 database to trunk release takes a very long time and it's still asking me to "get a coffee". Does v7 database work on trunk release?

Discard
Best Answer

This is seriously disappointing. Does this mean that then entire user base of v7 will not have an upgrade path to v8? I am running v8 in a testing environment and upgrading each night with the nightly builds... then on Feb.1st 2014 the upgrade broke our installation. Somewhere in between the 1st and the 20th the upgrade was successful, but we could not open our database. v8 database would not open in v8. I know this is still a development version, but still... horrible, horrible practice on the developers part. We're stuck at the Jan31st version until v8 is realeased. TERRIBLE release cycle!

Discard

After messing with it for a whole day, doing a lot of backing up and CSV import-export, I think it's simply not feasible to do a migration but a complete rebuild of the system.

Restoring the database using database management simply does not work, so I'm going to try restoring from postgres directly.

Best Answer

If you are installing trunk version that means that you are using v8, so that means that you are trying to upgrade your database from v7 to v8, as you'll see it's not that easy to upgrade, you can check it on forums where people is trying to upgrade from v6.1 to v7. So if you want to use v8, you've to do it yourself. I don't know if there is an exporting tool, but if you want to do it easy it's better if you look for a Partner to check how much it's going to cost the upgrade.

Discard
Author

Trunk release fixed a lot of bugs in OpenERP 7 despite 7 being a "stable" release.

Author

Looks like restoring from postgres does not work as well. Something is different in the database and they are not compatible.

Well if you see the document with changelog, it's not only a minor version, so you can't do it. There is a reason why 8.0 is not 7.1.