Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

"Restore" vs "copy of an existing database"

By
Franz Palfrader
on 7/28/14, 8:19 AM 2,886 views

Where is the difference between this two options?

Ari El
On 12/30/14, 6:25 AM

I have made a database backup using odoo's database manager facility with the older Bitnami instance. After setting up a new AWS instance with the new Bitnami image, I have made a restore of the dump-file with the mode "Copy of an existing database".

That's all.

John Baldwin
On 12/30/14, 6:29 AM

I think it has to do with the "Name of the Database". I've done it both ways and can't tell the difference.

Umashankar Subramani
On 12/30/14, 6:37 AM

In my opinion its just a matter of understanding ....

Restore data:
If the table you are to restore currently exists at the same location, (note that it has not been dropped and recreated since the time the backup was taken) you would make a restore.
Copy data:
          You would make a Copy data in when the table does not currently exist, when the table had been dropped and recreated since the time the backup was taken and if you want to make a copy of the table in a different database, other than the one in which it exists.

Might be little bit confusing but it is based on your need.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/28/14, 8:19 AM
Seen: 2886 times
Last updated: 5/19/15, 4:18 AM