Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Restart invoice sequence every year

on 4/4/14, 10:23 AM 1,991 views

Is it possible to restart invoice or sale order sequence number every year? For example :

For year 2013 : SO0001-2013 For year 2014 : SO001-2014

On 4/4/14, 11:04 AM

You can define that in Settings / Sequences & Identifiers / Sequences. In your ir.sequence object, you have a fiscalyear tab where you can define which sequence to use for each fiscal year. That is useful to restart the sequence from 1. But for the year, you have a more simple way: if you want SO0001-2013, you can define a suffix like -%(year)s and it will do it.

I define new sequence pour each 2015 and 2016. Then i created fiscal years 2015 and 2016. i select sale order sequence and in his fiscal year tab i add two line for each fiscal year with both of two new sequence i just created. But it doesn't restart the sequence number of new sale order even if i change my laptof date and hour.

on 4/9/14, 10:55 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 4/4/14, 10:23 AM
Seen: 1991 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM